MEST Africa is inviting every young aspiring tech entrepreneur in Africa, to apply for their 12-month technology and entrepreneurship Training Program.
Successful applicants will gain access to world-class education in software development, business and communication skills from MEST’s campus in Accra, Ghana. Training is done along with mentorship and networking sessions with leading industry experts and business executives from all over the world. At the end of the year-long program, all the Entrepreneurs-in-training form startups with co-founders within their cohort and pitch their business idea for up to $100,000 in seed funding, business incubation, and a lifetime of support from MEST Africa’s global community of experts and founders.
Every year we receive more than 4000 applications from across the continent. After a long and rigorous recruitment process, only the top 60 most talented applicants are invited to be a part of our training program. We’ve trained over 800 tech entrepreneurs and experts and invested in over 80 startups. We’ve produced some of the finest startups transforming sectors and scaling across the continent such as meQasa, Complete Farmer, Kudobuzz…
“We are thrilled to open applications for our 12-month Training Program to every aspiring tech entrepreneur on the continent again as more countries open up their borders again and as the world adapts to the new normal. We look forward to identifying and welcoming a diverse group of young and ambitious people into our program to start their entrepreneurial journeys by August 2022,” said Emily Fiagbedzi, the Director of Training Program at MEST Africa.
- Applications open: 7th February, 2022
- Applications close: 20th April, 2022
- Program starts: August 2022
- Building Sustainable Teams
- Market Research
- Product Development and Innovation
- Revenue and Business Modeling
- Branding and Communications
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Financial Management and Investments
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Metrics and Measurements
- Sales and Traction (achieving product/market fit)
- Preparing for investments
- A degree from a university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
For more information: Click here!