For 10 years, HiiL’s Justice Accelerator program has supported startups with significant potential to help people prevent or resolve their justice problems.
Startups selected for the program participate in an intensive 4-month training program, gain access to customized coaching and mentorship and receive a €10,000 non-equity fund to help scale their innovation.
What are they looking for?
In 2022, they are welcoming startups from the following countries into their program:
- East Africa: Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia
- West Africa: Nigeria
- MENA: Tunisia, Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco
They are especially interested in startups that work on what they’ve identified as potential game-changers.
To apply your startup needs to have:
- people-centred solutions that prevent or resolve justice problems*.
- a functioning product with some traction (number of users, revenue, etc.) indicating proof of customer demand.
- Startups in earlier stages are encouraged to contact their respective regional innovation hubs to find out about our ideation and incubation programs.
- a strong team of founder(s).
- a sustainability and revenue model. Startups can be non-profit or for-profit.
- Both for-profit and non-profit startups can apply!
* Check their Dashboard for the most pressing justice problems in your country or region.
What do they offer?
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4-month long program that provides you with:
- €10,000 non-equity funding.
- Full training program delivered by industry specialists: business growth, marketing, team & leadership, impact measurement and much more.
- Coaching sessions and mentorship on topics of your choice.
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice leaders, legal tech organizations and top-level researchers.
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities.
- Chance to win up to €20.000 at Demo Day 2023.
Demo Day 2022: Concluding the Innovating Justice Challenge 2021:
On Wednesday, 16 February 2022, HiiL’s Justice Accelerator brought 16 startups from Africa, Ukraine and the Middle East to showcase their justice innovations at this year’s Demo Day, concluding the Innovating Justice Challenge 2021.
SELECTION AND ACCELERATION PROCESS:
- February 16, 2022: Applications Open
- March 31, 2022: Applications are closed
- May 2022: Online Interviews
- June 2022: Justice Accelerator Programme kick-off
- February 2023: Demo Day