Facebook has been around for almost two decades with over 2 billion active users monthly. In just the last six years, the website has grown from being an online social network to a digital advertising platform as well. Facebook has become the perfect place to promote your small business.
It can be difficult to know where to start, so we’ve put together a list of Facebook marketing strategies that will help you grow your business and attract new customers.
Strategy 1 – Identify your target audience
Identifying your target audience is a crucial part of content marketing. You need to be aware of the type of content your target audience is consuming and actually use that information to your advantage.
There are three main categories of target audiences:
- Demographic targets: defined by their age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and other demographic factors.
- Geographic targets: defined by the place they live in or visit regularly such as a city or country.
- Psychographic targets: these target audiences define themselves by their lifestyle choices or attitudes toward a certain product or service.
As a general rule, you should know your audience’s age, gender, location, and interests. This is important because it will allow you to create content that they will more likely want to share with their friends. This information can also help you decide on the tone of the content. For example, if your target audience is children, then you would want to use a more playful tone than if your target audience was adults.
There are many ways to identify your target audience, such as:
- Researching who your competitors’ customers are and what they want.
- Surveying people in your area and asking them about their interests and preferences.
- Asking people in your network who they think would be interested in the content you’re creating.
- Using Google Analytics or Facebook Audience Insights to find out which demographics visit your website and Facebook page the most.
Strategy 2 – Create compelling content
Facebook is a great place to promote your brand and products for your small business. The best way to do that is by creating compelling content that will keep your followers engaged.
Good content for Facebook should be catchy and engaging, but not too long or complicated. It should also have clear call-to-actions and strong visuals that are easy to understand at a glance. Not to mention that your content must be optimised for mobile devices.
The following tips will help you create compelling content that is successful on Facebook:
- Targeting: create content that resonates with your target audience, not just anyone who might happen to see it.
- Engagement: make sure your posts are interactive and encourage engagement by asking questions or requesting feedback from followers.
- Distribution: ensure that you post at appropriate times of day, in the right language, and in the right format.
Facebook’s algorithm can be unpredictable, which is why it’s important that you keep your content fresh and engaging. One way to do this is by using video content on Facebook. Videos are shown in newsfeeds more often than other types of posts, which increases the chances of it being seen by your followers.
Strategy 3 – Use Facebook Live for marketing and promotion
Facebook Live is a type of live video streaming that allows users to share their real-time experiences with their followers. It’s a great marketing tool for businesses. It allows you to connect with your customers in real time, which makes it feel more personal and authentic.
Live video is proven to be more engaging than static images and text on social media. Facebook Live videos get watched three times longer than regular videos, and they generate six times as many shares as regular videos. Videos that are live on Facebook also get 10 times more comments than those that are not live. With that being said, you should not use Facebook Live as a substitute for other marketing campaigns, but rather as an additional promotion.
Small businesses can use Facebook Live to promote their products and services by introducing them to their customers in a fun, interactive way. Or maybe as a way to answer questions from their followers, participate in Q&A sessions, and give tutorials on how to use certain products or services they offer
Strategy 4 – Find new customers with Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads are an excellent way to drive traffic to your website and convert leads into customers because they are cost-effective and targeted.
How? Facebook is a social media site that has a lot of users. But more importantly, it has a lot of data on its users. This will help target ads to the right audience and get new customers for your company. Once you define your target audience, you can create a campaign that will be able to reach them.
The first step is to create an ad with an image, headline, and description. Next, set the objective of the ad by choosing which type of customer you want to find. Lastly, use Facebook’s targeting tools to choose which people you want your ads shown to. The key is to be specific with your targeting so that the ad will only show up in front of the right people. You can do this by specifying age groups, location, interests and more.
Strategy 5 – Drive customers to your own website
There are many ways to drive customers to your own website. One of them is by using social media channels such as Facebook to promote your small business.
The first step is to create a page on Facebook that is completely dedicated to driving traffic to your website; it’s your Facebook landing page. The key here is to make sure that the content of the page is relevant and useful for people who want to learn more about what you have on offer.
The best way to drive people from Facebook page to your website is by offering them an exclusive offer or discount. This will generate interest in the website and get people coming back for more discounts and special offers.
- Create an ad with a compelling headline and image.
- Include a short description of your offer, such as “Get $5 Off” or “Claim Your Free Trial”.
- Include the link to your website in the body of the ad.
- Set up conversion tracking for this campaign so that you can measure how many people clicked on your link and became customers.
Facebook Marketing is a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. Facebook marketing is an effective way to reach potential customers through the platform’s large user base and its interactive features such as live chat, polls, and quizzes. It also helps you build relationships with existing customers through the use of targeted advertisements.
With the help of Facebook Marketing, small businesses can create a better customer experience and increase their sales. There are many ways that Facebook pages can help your business, including increasing engagement.
Here are 3 vital steps that you should take to increase engagement on your Facebook page:
- Create a personal connection with your audience – by sharing personal stories or speaking about things that interest them
- Promote content from people outside your company – helps to bring in new ideas and perspectives into the mix, which makes it more interesting for the audience
- Promote content that has been shared by other people in your industry – helps you build credibility, trust, and establish yourself as an expert in your field.
Social media in general has become a key platform in terms of marketing and customer engagement. On ELR12, we teach you how to build an audience for your startup. Don’t forget to check our article on how to promote your small business on TikTok too!