So, you always dreamed about being your own boss and having your own business. Do you have what it takes to become a Lifestyle Entrepreneur?
What is a Lifestyle Entrepreneur
A Lifestyle Entrepreneur is someone who has the freedom to pursue their passion on a full-time basis. They work when they want, where they want and with whom they want. Lifestyle Entrepreneurs are usually self-employed and manage their time flexibly, according to their own schedule. It’s the opposite of the 9am-5pm, sleep-eat-work-repeat rhythm of life.
Work to live or live to work, that is the question
A Lifestyle Entrepreneur is an individual who is willing to work hard, without the imminent promise of financial success. He or she will work to live, not live to work. They will spend less time on building their business and more time on living their life.
The Lifestyle Entrepreneur differs from other entrepreneurs in that they are not motivated by money or power, but by self-fulfillment and independence. The Lifestyle Entrepreneur pursues his or her career opportunities with a different mindset than those of someone who must constantly be striving for more power and financial success. Lifestyle Entrepreneurs want to be happy with what they have accomplished, not constantly aiming for more material goods or higher ranks in society.
Why choose to be a Lifestyle Entrepreneur
Starting a lifestyle business might be the best way to work for yourself. The idea is that you start your own business, without it becoming your primary focus. You’re building something that is scalable, but also flexible enough to allow you to enjoy the other parts of life.
This form of entrepreneurship is important to many individuals because it allows them to run a business while they’re traveling or from the comfort of their own home. It is a great way to explore new avenues and create the lifestyle you want.
The major benefits of becoming a lifestyle entrepreneur include :
- Choosing your own hours. A lifestyle entrepreneur is somebody who chooses to work when they want, where they want, and with whom they want. This is much different than somebody who has to show up every day at the same time in order for them to keep their job.
- Having more freedom and flexibility to do the things you love while also making money from them. You may have witnessed firsthand how difficult it was for your loved ones in the workforce. Whether you’re passionate about starting something innovative or just want more freedom in your professional life, lifestyle entrepreneurship offers it all.
- Allowing you to focus on your strengths instead of having to sharpen new skills. While learning a new set of skills is more or less useful in most situations, working on your own terms offers the opportunity to learn the skills that you deem valuable to your business’ growth.
- Being able to start your own business with less upfront costs. You might need a few dollars to get your website set up for example, but you don’t need to lay out lots of cash to start your business.
How to start a Lifestyle Business
So we sold it to you. You crave freedom. You want to create your own business, to pursue your dreams while creating the perfect work-life balance. The question is : how can you build a sustainable and successful Lifestyle Business?
Build a sustainable and successful lifestyle business with these 10 tried and tested steps :
1) Create a business idea by finding an unmet need in your community and creating a product or service around it.
2) Develop your brand and website, they are the first contact you have with potential customers.
3) Start marketing and building a customer base, businesses must focus on retaining existing customers and trying to gain new ones at the same time.
4) Build your team and delegate tasks accordingly once your brand starts growing bigger.
5) Promote your brand on various social media platforms as well as on search engines such as Google.
6) Offer content that is relevant to the audience that you’re targeting, for example offer freebies or discounts for your products/services on special occasions like Black Friday, Mother’s Day…, so that people can get to know about you and what you have to offer better.
7) Build an email list of subscribers in order to get visitors to return.
Some resources online can also help you get started with your lifestyle business. Whether you are an artist or a cook, it goes from how to create a logo and website, to product packaging for example.
To start any type of business, one must have a positive attitude. You must dedicate yourself to the business in order for it to be successful. Don’t be fooled by the naysayers who say achieving success in your own business is difficult. There are many ways to succeed in business, and you just need to find the right one for you. Starting a Lifestyle Business might be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make.
Keep in mind that lifestyle entrepreneurs can make more money than those who work a 9-5 job. They typically enjoy more time with friends and family as well as more time to pursue other interests like hobbies, sports, and travel. It’s also never too late to start your own business, as long as you’re willing to put in the work!