ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR
The Baobab Network backs early-stage ventures across Africa, founded by Africa’s boldest innovators and the business leaders of the future. They have been working with entrepreneurs across Africa since 2016, and in 2019 they launched an accelerator designed to give founders the funding and platform they need to take their companies global.
The Baobab Network offers start-ups $25,000 USD in funding and two years of tailored support, which includes a dedicated venture partner, in exchange for 10% equity. Their ventures team work with their portfolio to accelerate growth, build capacity and unlock the next stages of funding to help companies scale.
Who can apply?
- Early-stage technology-creating or technology-enabled businesses
- Living and working in a key African market.
- They are sector agnostic, so they work with companies across many sectors and verticals. There are a few industrial areas they don’t specialise in which are outlined in their FAQ’s
What should I do before I apply to the Baobab Network Accelerator?
- Familiarise yourself with the FAQ and take a look at the Application Form
- Applications should take around 15 to 25 minutes, the more information you can provide upfront the better.
What do I need to apply?
- MVP of your product or service, or you are at the initial stages of scale
- Couple of documents to support your application for the Baobab Network Accelerator such as the investment deck, cap table, traction document…
When can I apply?
Now! they are a non-cohort based accelerator – this means they accept new businesses onto the accelerator programme throughout the year
The Baobab Network’s team review applications on a rolling basis. Successful applicants will be contacted by a member of their team within 2-3 months.