Are you running a tech start-up and want to challenge the status quo of the livestock industry? Do you have a solution that makes the industry more sustainable and profitable? Do you want support to improve your offer, reach more customers, raise funds and want to have a more significant impact? Then, SAIS Investment Readiness Programme is for you!
What we offer
The Investment Readiness Programme (IRP) for Farmed Animal Tech Start-ups offers you benefits worth up to $50.000 per start-up:
Weekly sessions of personalized coaching with local and international experts tailored to each start-up’s specific and individual needs, during which strategies and measures for rapid growth will be developed and implemented with the start-ups.
Access to premium online training/classes (tailored) structured around several key themes in developing start-ups, e.g. management and governance of young companies, economic study, methodical development of business plans, finances, financing tools, the constitution of a financing file, essential elements of negotiation with an investor.
Integration into a local hub (optional) to facilitate contact with major players in the local start-up scene.
Access to additional premium services and optimisation packages to optimize certain key areas, e.g. legal advice, online marketing, digital product optimization, design, coding.
Access to the GIZ network, our global presence, local expertise, far-reaching networks and years of experience working with the private sector, investors and business partners. The programme helps to improve the visibility and network of the start-ups nationally and internationally through participation in national, regional, and international events dedicated to African entrepreneurs.
Who we are
We are a Pan-African accelerator programme for digital start-ups focusing on the African livestock value chain. The Investment Readiness Programme aims to support more African start-ups in the livestock value chain to improve their business models, provide access to investors and business partners, and achieve greater impact.
The Investment Readiness Programme for farmed animal tech start-ups is part of SAIS “Scaling Digital Agriculture Innovations through Start-ups”. SAIS is a project implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Our overall goal at SAIS is to increase incomes in the African agri-food sector through proven digital innovations in the livestock industry. In 2022, up to 5 start-ups are selected to participate in a six-month Investment Readiness Programme.
Starting in 2019, SAIS has accelerated more than 28 outstanding African start-ups that have set a high bar for the following programme:
Who can apply?
To be eligible for SAIS Investment Readiness Programme, you must meet the following conditions:
– The start-up must be registered and operate in Africa
– We will request a certificate of registration
– The start-up must have a founding team of at least two people who work ideally full time for the start-up
– The management team should have entrepreneurial and technical experience in their area of operation
– The start-up must have a viable digital product that positively impacts the incomes of its users
– The product must have a positive impact on the African livestock sector
Market access and traction
– The start-up must have launched its digital product at least six months before the application period
– Start-ups must provide evidence of good traction (based on customers, earliest incomes)
– The start-up should have an easily understandable and convincing business model (clear statement of the problem, clear digital solution, clear customer segment, and clear revenue stream)
Feb 3: Application Open
Mar 20: Application Closed
April 13: Selection Day
May 1: Programme Begin
October: Demo Day
November: End of Programme & Start Alumni
For more information: SAIS@giz.de