The GSMA is a global organisation unifying the mobile ecosystem to discover, develop and deliver innovation foundational to positive business environments and societal change. Their vision is to unlock the full power of connectivity so that people, industry, and society thrive. Representing mobile operators and organisations across the mobile ecosystem and adjacent industries, the GSMA delivers for its members across three broad pillars: Industry Services and Solutions, Connectivity for Good, and Outreach.
About GSMA Innovation Fund for Climate Resilience and Adaptation:
On November 9, during the Science and Innovation day at COP26, the GSMA announced the launch of the GSMA Innovation Fund for Climate Resilience and Adaptation. This new Fund will help accelerate the testing, adoption and scalability of digital innovations that enable the world’s most vulnerable populations to adapt, anticipate and absorb the negative impacts of climate change.
- Successful projects will receive an equity-free grant of between £100,000 and £250,000 to scale their innovation over a 15 to 18 month period.
- Learning exchange opportunities with other grantees and GSMA networks;
- Facilitation of relationships with mobile operators and public sector organisations; and
- Profiling opportunities through GSMA publications, social media and industry leading MWC events
- Be a small and growing enterprise or start-up leveraging digital technology, especially mobile, to deliver climate resilience and adaptation solutions to low-income and vulnerable populations in countries that are eligible to receive official development assistance: Africa, South and SouthEast Asia, Pacific Islands, The Caribbean, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Western Balkans.
- Be an entity registered and operating in the country of project implementation (whether domestic or foreign-owned or a joint venture).
- Be fully compliant with relevant business licensing, taxation, employee and other regulations in all applicable countries of grant project operation.
- Be registered and have a bank account in the country where they will receive the grant money from GSMA.
- Be an eligible entity and demonstrate that a majority of their income is derived from commercial activities.
- Commit to providing 25% to 50% matching funding depending on the total grant amount requested.
Full eligibility criteria: PDF
Stage 1: Pitch Nov 2021 – Feb 2022
Applications close on 23 January 2022 at 23:59 UTC.
Stage 2: Proposal Feb – May 2022
Stage 3: Fund Panel May – Jun 2022
Stage 4: Contracting Jun – Aug 2022
Stage 5: Project Launch Sep 2022
For more Information: GSMA Innovation Fund for Climate Resilience and Adaptation