We are looking for 80 ambitious and committed entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana to be part of the 2022 cohort.
Founded in 2002, GrowthAfrica continues to exponentially increase the rate and growth of business success in Africa through the annual Accelerator. Backed by extensive knowledge and experience in supporting entrepreneurs across Africa, the first accelerator run in 2012 and to date, 224 ventures have been accelerated, worked directly with 436 entrepreneurs, run 24 cohorts and created 30,000+ jobs.
The program is designed to help you scale your venture, make it investment ready and develop your entrepreneurial leadership acumen with the aim of unlocking significant growth in your business among other Integral facets required in building a successful timeless business.
The initial phase of the program consists of 19 workshop-days across 6 months. Each workshop is followed up by in-company support by the GrowthAfrica team and mentors who assist you develop a deeper understanding of your business, help you to identify and articulate growth challenges, and aid in crafting strategic and innovative responses to these challenges – your growth plan.
Once your growth plan is in place, focus shifts to implementation of set interventions and creating momentum in line with your ambition to scale and access external capital. The GrowthAfrica team continues to help alongside sage advice and support from subject-industry experts. Focus further shift to connecting you with the resources necessary for the effective implementation of your growth plan.
- Growth strategy: Led by experienced facilitators, leveraging our proprietary process and learning methodology, we focus on solutions that leads to an increase in your revenue, profits and impact
- Bespoke in-company support: Get individualized and tailored in-company support from the most qualified team who will walk you through and support you in your business journey
- Access and fellowship with quality peers across Africa: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs across Africa
- Investment support: Receive support in identification of access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors
- Access to mentors and industry-subject experts: You will have access to Pan-African mentors/experts who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- Financial modeling: Support to build a financial model for your business growth and investment
- Leadership: Acquire skills and tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership
We are open to all sectors but have a soft spot for:
- IT/mobile solutions/Tech-enabled businesses
- Financial Services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
- Water & sanitation
- Post revenue business
- Full time and dedicated core team
- Existed for 2 years or more
- Turnover of USD 50,000 plus
- Open to raising external investment
For more information: GrowthAfrica Accelerator