Athar is one of the leading Startup Accelerators in Upper Egypt. The Accelerator’s mission is to unleash Upper Egypt’s startups potential, enabling them to solve local society problems. In order to achieve that, they provide funding, mentorship, networking opportunities, and access to a great environment for local talents.
In 2020, their startups were able to create 500 job opportunities, solve multiple health, employment, and education challenges.
About Athar Green Program:
Athar Green is an acceleration program for Green startups in Upper Egypt. The program has two stages with a duration of four months:
The first stage: Athar Green Bootcamp
This is a one month program in which 20 startups with green growth potential are selected. The program holds a training and consultation phase in which the founders will work intensively on their startup. After the first month, Athar’s team will select 6 startups to enter the second stage of the program.
The Second stage: Athar Green Acceleration
A two-month program offered to the 6 selected startups, to help them reach the next level through intensive training and focused consultations.
- Entrepreneurs should be between 21-35 years old.
- A team of minimum 2 members.
- Startups should be based in Upper Egypt.
- Startups should have the potential to create at least three inclusive jobs.
- Startups working on: Renewable Energy, Waste Management, Food Production, Agribusiness, Sustainable Tourism, Fishing Industry, Water Industry.
- Intensive Training Sessions.
- Focused Consultations Sessions.
- Inspiring Fireside Chats.
- Continuous Pitch Nights.
- Financial grant of EGP 20,000 for each startup.
- January 1st, 2022 – January 26th, 2022: Accepting Applications.
- January 10th, 2022 – February 3rd, 2022: Filtration and selection for the first program.
- February 5th, 2022: Start of Athar Green Bootcamp.
- March 5th, 2022: Panel Day, Selecting the nominated startups of Athar Acceleration Program
- March 12th, 2022: Start of Athar Green Acceleration Program
- May 15th, 2022: Program Closing
More Information at: Athar Green Program